Do you have a residency or internship that would give promising indigenous artists the opportunity to grow? Closing date 28 November 2016
Chosen allows Indigenous communities to take control and plan for how they will nurture younger people from their community/sector in the arts and/or culture. Chosen sets out to reinvigorate the cultural practice of master apprentice relationships within the arts community and sector, successful projects will facilitate intergenerational transfer of knowledge.
This is an opportunity for Indigenous communities, elders and senior artists to identify in which areas younger people and need to be skilled up and to do so. This could be younger people undertaking apprenticeships or residencies with senior bosses, leaders and practitioners in cultural expression. The goal is tohave the best experts as mentors bring up the select, promising, younger artists, building the artist’s promise to the future.
The Australia Council’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts Strategy Panel is calling for cultural leaders, sector experts and established artists to identify and support younger talent through building capacities, engaging them with their sector, disciplines and culture.
Investments can be between $30,000 to $50,000 per annum. Projects can be one off or for up to 3 years. It is envisaged that long term projects will work incorporate partnerships between senior artists, communities and organisations.
Please read through these guidelines. If you need help with your expression of interest (EOI), contact Frank or Michelle in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts team now.
2nd closing date 28 November 2016
Get an expression of interest form by phoning 1800 226 912 (toll free) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application approximately 12 weeks after the closing date.
Who can apply
This initiative is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists, groups and community organisations.
All applicants must provide:
- Written evidence of the support and ongoing participation of at least three senior Indigenous people with authority in the community or arts sector
- Three letters of support from Indigenous organisations for your project
- Evidence and whatever you think is relevant support material as part of the expression of interest
The Strategy Panel will assess your expression of interest against the following criteria:
- The cultural integrity of the project
- The skills and strengths of the sectors, communities or individuals that will select younger people
- What will be done to support younger people throughout the project
- The benefits of the project for the individuals and the artform/s involved
How to apply
Complete the EOI form (below) and return along with support material to email@example.com
Project Manager: Frank Trotman-Golden: 02 9215 9167